Tuesday 2 April 2013

(Day 256) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center Day 6 (Part 2) D-?

sit-upspush-upschair-lifts
100100100

Breakfastbread
2 eggs
soy milk
Lunchrice & kimchi
chicken soup
fruit salad in French dressing
Dinnerrice & kimchi
watery soup
fish

If I had my computer available, I'd be able to work and make money-- even behind bars. I've been asked to make a logo for a restaurant and a business card, as well as draw the usual number of portraits. If any of these people actually had any money I could probably even afford a plane ticket home.

I'm still here, but in the last two days, half a dozen people have come and gone. In a couple of cases, they arrived yesterday and left this morning. The 17 people we had over the weekend has now been reduced by 1 but the ethnic makeup is a bit different. More than half of the men in this particular cell are Chinese. Out of the 80 people in this whole cell block, 35 are Chinese spread amongst 5 cells. They are constantly fighting and being shuffled around to different cells in an effort to stem the conflict between detainees. For the most part, the Chinese fight with other Chinese.

No comments:

Post a Comment