Tuesday, 2 April 2013

(Day 256) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center Day 6 (Part 2) D-?

sit-upspush-upschair-lifts
100100100

Breakfastbread
2 eggs
soy milk
Lunchrice & kimchi
chicken soup
fruit salad in French dressing
Dinnerrice & kimchi
watery soup
fish

If I had my computer available, I'd be able to work and make money-- even behind bars. I've been asked to make a logo for a restaurant and a business card, as well as draw the usual number of portraits. If any of these people actually had any money I could probably even afford a plane ticket home.

I'm still here, but in the last two days, half a dozen people have come and gone. In a couple of cases, they arrived yesterday and left this morning. The 17 people we had over the weekend has now been reduced by 1 but the ethnic makeup is a bit different. More than half of the men in this particular cell are Chinese. Out of the 80 people in this whole cell block, 35 are Chinese spread amongst 5 cells. They are constantly fighting and being shuffled around to different cells in an effort to stem the conflict between detainees. For the most part, the Chinese fight with other Chinese.