Thursday 21 March 2013

(Day 244) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 149 D-7

sit-upspush-upschair-lifts
~100100100
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner = March 7

Less than a week! JO finally came to visit. All his grand plans for a charity event to raise money to spring me from jail all came to naught. Not surprising to me, but it was apparently to him. I'm well aware of how people perceive, like or don't like me. When he first suggested it, my first thought was “Good luck with that.” At this point it hardly matters.

I have never been, nor have I ever cared to be popular or well-liked. I never saw much point worrying about what other people thought of me or going out of my way to get people to like me. I'd be lying to say it didn't bother me sometimes, but it’s something out of my control. I can't make people like me and even if I could, I have no idea what I would need or want to change about my personality to make it happen. It is what it is.

JO also told me he's leaving for Thailand permanently on Monday. If I manage to make it there, that's good for me as I won't be going in blind or alone. I have to get there first.

I do know that the people who do like me and are my friends are some pretty awesome people and not because they're my friends or like me. Most, if not all of them, are artists, musicians, writers, intellectuals-- in general, free and creative thinkers. They are outstanding and extraordinary individuals and I am honored and humbled by them

No comments:

Post a Comment