Monday 26 November 2012

(Day 129) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 34 D-122

sit-ups push-ups chair-lifts
100 0 120
Breakfast, lunch & dinner = November 5


It seems like if I don't write about Korea or Koreans I have nothing to write about... How lame is that? I don't do much else other than read and draw and occasionally write. There are links on the Internet to the drawings and list of what I'm reading. I just finished Island now I'm reading Treasure Island and that's about it. Day in and day out, so if it sounds like I'm repeating myself, I am. I'm adding an entry just as a placeholder more than anything else.

I was visited by the warden today. I think he was doing an end-of-month inspection, but he stopped to chat with me. He seemed surprised that I had eaten all the food. There's nothing wrong with the taste of Korean food, I just find the options bland-- there's no variety. That doesn't mean I won't eat it, I just won't enjoy it. Anyway, I showed him my drawing and writing. He was impressed that I was so industrious. I think his underlings were impressed with his English level, which is near fluent compared to most of the guards with 0 English skills. I'm also probably one of the only prisoners he knows by name, since there are over 1000 Koreans and only one foreigner-- me.

Still no visitors or mail. Friday happened to be the turnover or halfway point. I now have fewer days left then I've been incarcerated for. It's all downhill from here, as “they” say, whoever “they” are...

No comments:

Post a Comment