Tuesday 16 October 2012

(Day 88) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 75 C-8

sit-ups push-ups chairlifts
2 x 100 80 + 2 x 60 0

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs
soy milk
bread with bean filling
Lunch kimchi
tofu and chicken in sweet & spicy sauce
bean sprouts in hot water
Dinnerkimchi & 1/2 bowl of rice
seaweed salad?
chicken noodle soup

I tried to draw a Möbius strip into a strand of DNA. I spent hours drawing both over and over to work out the geometry and came to the conclusion that it can't be done because I was trying to turn something cylindrical in shape (DNA) into something flat (Möbius strip). I'm pretty sure I could do if I had some tape, a pencil and an eraser, because then I could construct it out of paper and tape and draw it with the pencil and eraser.

So far, I've made it to mid-afternoon without killing anyone. The 4 who left, have been replaced with 2-- another Filipino and a Pakistani.

Out of all the books I have gotten, I only have 3 left-- one on zen Buddhism and two on US history and government. The book on World civilizations was pretty good, but it turns out it was only volume one, so I have a pretty good background knowledge of everything from prehistoric times until 1750 and then after that I'm dunce. 

This is the second time I've noticed this with Pakistanis-- the profess they are Muslims and won't eat the chicken because its not hafal or blessed, yet they are not devout enough to pray 5 times a day or to abstain from alcohol (they talk about drinking beer and soju all the time). Yet, I've seen Indonesians here who do pray 5 times a day (starting at 5 AM) and gobble that chicken up with no problem... 

I've been working on this DNA idea all day and I got nothing. I need a pencil. There's no way to do this with just a pen. Maybe it would be better suited for a full-on painting. On to the next idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment