Monday 15 October 2012

(Day 87) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 74 C-9

sit-ups push-ups chairlifts
2 x 100 2 x  70 0

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs
bread with cream filling
soy milk
Lunch kimchi
cucumber kimchi
fish soup
Dinnerkimchi
bean sprouts
lots of tofu & kimchi in hot water

I feel like shit. Terrible sleep due to the stuffy nose. My back hurts more than usual. Going back to bed.

In regards to my rant on karaoke yesterday, due to a lack of space in Korea, entertainment that takes place in rooms is very popular. Such things as internet gaming, screen golf and karaoke. However, getting drunk with your friends and butchering popular songs, is a lot different than watching old people or children do it on TV, usually old traditional songs.

Explaining carbohydrates, starch and diet in a foreign language is an impossible task. I wish they would just leave me alone. I don't bother them, why do they have to bother me? I've been told half a dozen times now that if I don't want to eat rice, they'll give me bread. I don't want bread either. I don't want to substitute one form of starch for another. I don't want to eat any starch at all. If anything, give me more veggies. I'd rather eat more kimchi than more rice or bread.

The Indonesian left this morning. He was replaced this evening by another Uzbekistan. The Filipino, 1 of the Vietnamese, the Nigerian and Kyrgyzstan are going home tomorrow morning. Good for them, bad for me. They were the only English speakers and other than the Vietnamese and Thai, only non-Chinese. So, as fate would have it, I have to spend the last 8 days as the only white English speaker in a room full of Chinese... Fate is a cruel mistress.

No comments:

Post a Comment