Sunday 14 October 2012

(Day 86) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 73 C-10

sit-ups push-ups chairlifts
2 x 50 2 x 50 40 + 2 x 30

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs
bread with strawberry filling
soy milk
Lunch kimchi
slimy seaweed in hot water
fried fish
Dinnerrice & kimchi
fried chicken with sweet & spicy sauce
egg in hot water

I managed to do some of my exercises first thing this morning.

As is inevitable in situations like this, I've gotten sick. I felt it coming on last night. Now I have a perpetual drip coming from my nose and my already sore back (I don't care what anybody claims-- sleeping on a hard floor does not help a sore back, it cause it) is now even more sore. Plus, the usual sore throat, cough and weak feeling... I feel like a million bucks... in debt. Somehow, I collected three doses of meds though, so maybe if I take them all at once (pain, anti-inflammatory and relaxant), I'll start feeling pretty fine.

After I finished exercising and eating breakfast, I slept till lunch, which was crap.

After that, UFC was on TV. While watching (writing) some Chinese dude changes the channel to a travelling "trot" (old Korean pop) show where random people sing old songs in front of a large crowd for $100. The Chinese love it. Its on every Sunday. I know this because I've been forced to to watch it 12 or so Sundays in a row. It's like watching old people sing big band music from the 30's and 40's. Pure, unadulterated torture, but the Koreans and Chinese love this shit.

Anyway, the rest of the foreigners all gasped at the channel change, so I change it back to UFC and noticed there weren't any Chinese even in the common area watching the TV. They were all the sleeping area playing cards!

karaoke is fun to do, but I don't need to watch it on TV. There are more than a couple TV shows in Korea that show exactly that-- common people singing karaoke. Very strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment