Monday 11 May 2015

Volume 43, Chapter 93: The Mother's day edtion.

I missed a day. It's hard to write every day. I actually have to sit down and make a concentrated effort to do this. It's easy in jail-- what else am I going to do? In the real world? Not so easy.

Where to begin. I have a lot on my mind lately. Particularly, Margriet. I don't normally name people on this blog for their sake, animosity and paranoia, but this girl deserves to be heralded, and remembered. She is Zoe's mother. She hates me. Lots of people hate me, I can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but this girl REALLY hates me. I get it. And she is forever tied to me because of Zoe. I love her. I wish I could tell her that... she can't, nor is she even physically capable of doing that right now. Doctors give her a week, I think she'll last to least June, if I was a betting man. I have to have hopes and dreams, or WTF is the point?

Back to present events.

We finally left my house at noon, and went to MBK. I have no idea what MBK means, and I don't care-- it's a gadget geek's dream. In Korea, go to Yongsan. We ate Vietnam food in a Thailand restaurant. Ethnic food is different in every country. Chinese food in Korean is not the same as Chinese food in China, or Chinese food in the US, or Korea. For one thing, in China, it's just called "food," Not "Chinese food."
Then I played video games in an arcade (!) and butchered thousands of nameless digital targets in preparation for the upcoming zombie Apocalypse. It was awesome.

She went to work on the subway. I walked home from there. It's a very long walk. My main goal was to find some comfortable shoes for less than $6 (200 baht). I'm picky, I didn't find anything I liked. However I did find this.
 This is a high capacity battery that charges itself with sunlight. A no-brainer, if you ask me.The model I have has a 30,000 m capacity (which means it's a very big battery), and it can recharge your phone up to 6 times, before you need to plug it in. Only, you never have to plug it in.The real beauty of this, is it's not limited to mobile phones. ANYTHING with a USB port can be charged. It's a very cheap portable solar panel. I could hook this up to batteries in my house and always have a power source, This cost me $20. I'm not sure how much they cost in Canada, but $20 seems like a very small price to pay for what I gain for free.

After, that, I found a new lock for my door. I broke the last one.

The first thing I do when I move into a new place is figure a way to either break into it, or break out of it. In this instance, I found out how to break in, but it's cost me. I repaired the door myself, I'm a pretty handy guy, but apparently not handy enough. I didn't know there were different doorknobs for different doors. Now, although the smashed door looks original (I'm a good forger), it's all backwards. If I want to break in now, all I need is a screwdriver.I feel like such a... well, for lack of a better word, a doorknob. Looks great though. 

The next day, I went to an art event. An all day affair in a walled off garden with swans and shit. Very zen. Live painting, hippy girls wailing their angst on a guitar, hipster dudes trying to out angst the hippy girls... I mostly watched the painters paint. Live paint=Pollock. 5 or 6 people, throwing paint on a canvas. I was literally watching paint dry. And it was exciting. To a point. I learned some things I may try in my next painting, but I am still not a big fan of abstract art. It's lazy and boring. A fucking monkey could do it and it would be more thought provoking.

Despite that, it was good to do something different. I went back to her work and hung out for a bit and then went home to writing this for no reason at all but to simply record it.

No comments:

Post a Comment