Wednesday 13 March 2013

(Day 236) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 141 D-15

sit-upspush-upschair-lifts
1009090
Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner = March 6
Sometimes my exercise routine varies very a great deal. I usually do 100 sit ups all at once followed by forty chair-lifts and 40 push-ups later in the day. My chest and arm muscles can't take much more than 40 reps at any one time. If it says I did 100 push-ups, I didn't do them all at the same time. At that time I'll do 30 chair-lifts, 20 sit-ups 30 push-ups 20 sit-ups, wash, rinse and repeat two more times, ending with the push-ups. That means I do 3 x 30 chair-lifts, 3 x 30 push-ups and 5 x 20 sit-ups. The bare minimum I do daily is 100 sit-ups 40 chair-lifts all in one go. I've been trying to get into the habit first thing in the morning but I'm lazy and sometimes I just don't feel motivated. Even then I usually do my exercises at some point during the day. I don't have anything else to do after all. The real trick will be to continue the routine after I'm released in two weeks.

And that's all I'm going to say about that. It’s been awhile since I talked about exercise. I thought I should give an update on this  total mundane subject just to be thorough, since this is has to be the first memoir about jail that totally lacks any sex or violence, in all of history.

Actually jail is really boring and uninteresting. That’s why there aren't more memoirs. They would all be “Today I woke up at the crack of dawn and stared at the wall until dusk. Then I went to sleep” and that entry would be repeated for the length of the inmates sentence... 25 years to life... and a journal with the same entry 9130 times would be pretty boring. It would be really easy to edit though.

Mr Kim gave me a bag of apples and a bag of oranges today. I ran out of coffee yesterday, so now I have fruit for breakfast unless I eat at all today... I've already eaten three to four oranges and to apples just for something to do not because I was hungry. The next 2 weeks are going to drag by so slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment