Friday 4 January 2013

(Day 167) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 72 D-94

sit-upschair-lifts
1000

Breakfastcoffee


Lunch
kimchi
grass & onion kimchi
fish fillet with ketchup
bean sprout/kimchi soup


This would have been so much better if they didn't serve more ketchup than fish fillet. What am I going to do with all that ketchup? Drink it with my coffee? Variety, people. Try it you might like it.

Dinner
kimchi
slimy seaweed with sweet chili sauce
Banana
Potato, rice pasta cream soup


I don't even need to wait and see this meal to know it’s going to suck. No subsistence, all veggies, which is not so bad, but I'll be starving an hour later.

We got a new item list of the things available to purchase yesterday. Pretty much the same as the old one except Dove soap is now called “milk soap” and the prices went up or down by the equivalent of a penny or two. Gel pens are no longer available. A few other things are gone as well, and there are a few new things.

I spent the afternoon translating and color coding my new list. One of the things I find most frustrating is when I need help translating something and the person I ask, tells me I “don't need to know that”, or I “wouldn't be interested in buying that”. If that were true, I wouldn't be fucking asking you for your help, would I? If I had no interest, why would I ask? And who the fuck do you think you are to judge whether or not I want to buy something or not? Tell me what the fuck it is and I'll determine if I want/need it. “It” turned out to be traditional Korean socks. I don't want or need those, but let me decide that. Poor or non-existent translation is part of the problem that got me in my current mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment