Tuesday 25 December 2012

(Day 157) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 62 D-94

sit-upschair-lifts
1000
Breakfast, lunch & dinner = December 3

Today marks the two month anniversary of my return to this prison as well as Christmas Eve. Only 3 months to go.

In light of the last week's fiasco of trying to order things because of the election holiday, I tried to order things again this week. All I need is some bloody soap. Is that so hard? Apparently it is because instead of getting it Wednesday (when I should have) or Thursday (when I expected), I was told it might be next week before I got soap! I was not happy to hear that, so Kevin manage to get me some soap today, which is even better... Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

So... What did you get for Christmas? I got soap and a shower and changed into some clean close.

I read in the paper today that a group of Korean professors decided that the word of the year in Korean is “corruption.” So, for everybody who thinks my rant over Korean business practices are racist, I offer proof that I am NOT racist-- merely stating my viewpoint that even other Koreans also share. The actual phrase is 거세개탁(guh-seh-gay-tak). The phrase means that the whole country is corrupt and nobody is upright, regardless of rank. I rest my case.


In Saturday's edition of the Korean Times, in an interview with foreign business leaders, the thing they hoped for the most out of the new government were a clear enforcement of the rules and a definitive guideline of what the rules actually are. These rants and opinions of mine are not just things I pull out of my ass. A lot of other, far more influential people than  myself feel exactly the same way. 

As a special treat, there was a movie tonight-- Les Miserables with Liam Neeson, Uma Thurman and Geoffrey  Rush.

No comments:

Post a Comment