Thursday 20 December 2012

(Day 152) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 57 D-99

sit-upschair-lifts
1000
Breakfast, lunch & dinner = December 5


As luck would have it, I was able to finally address a letter to Z, and today is a holiday, so I can't mail it until tomorrow. Why is my luck always like that? Something good happens, but it's not quite good enough-- there's always some wrench in the works to screw it up...

It's an election day. Apparently it happens every 5 years on exactly the same day, but instead of just being able to take a couple hours of work to go vote, they need to take a whole day-- or at least those who work at bank, schools, government offices, office buildings, and the post office, get the day off. If you normally work on Sundays, you'll be working today too. And of course, the weekend warriors are here at ye olde prison.

It also means typical weekend activities which amounts to sweet fuck all. The only semi-good thing was that the TV was on from 9am all day. The bad-- mostly election coverage, the good-- an afternoon movie, which was actually pretty good (We Bought a Zoo), the bad-- election coverage from 5:30 pm until 9:00 pm and beyond... 4 hours of talking heads yapping in a language I don't understand, about a subject that is not only aneurism-inducing on the boring scale, but holds no relevance to me.

I wish I had something to read other than the Harvard Business Review. That's only slightly less aneurism-inducing, but at least I might learn something useful about business.

No comments:

Post a Comment