Friday 9 November 2012

(Day 112) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 17 D-139

sit-ups push-ups chair-lifts
50 x 4 50 x 2 40 x 3
Breakfast, lunch & dinner = November 2

Another weekend has begun. Current cell population-- still one-- and unlikely to change for some time. I think I may have missed my opportunity to file an appeal. If I had a two or more year sentence, I might actually give a shit. As it stands, just buckle under and do the time, then get the fuck outta here in and on with my life. Spring is a good time to be released. A time of renewal.

I guess JU didn't know exactly where I was because he tried to find me through the Canadian embassy. I had to sign consent forms yesterday to release information to him. That's a good friend. I'm lucky to have one like him. I actually have quite a few friends like him and I don't show my appreciation enough. If this ever gets published in a book, this is dedicated to them. You know who you are and if you don't, there will be a list at the front of the book.

I sold another sketch of one of the inmate worker’s children for two boxes of coffee today. It's not much, but it offsets my own costs. Another 38 boxes of coffee to go...

Mr K says he owes me $1000 because I jokingly bet that Obama would win the election. He said he would buy me a few more items of clothing so I have a change of clothes and will be able to do laundry. I now have 1000 dollars of credit if I need to buy anything, according to Mr K. I have to say I'm a little sceptical. I may seem to be an optimist at times, but I'm also a cynical realist. Things too good to be true usually are...

2 boxes have just turned into 3 boxes, some pastries and chicken if I do another picture of him with his wife and children. I said I think about it. I'll probably do it, but it's fun to see what he’ll offer me as compensation. Another inmate wanted me to draw picture of him, but he's made no offers of compensation... People who see my drawing as a hobby are hard to deal with. We even talked about my job yesterday and I explicitly told him I don't draw things for other people for free... That's not entirely true. I just don't do it very often. And when I do, I usually have some sort of angle or ulterior motive.

No comments:

Post a Comment