Monday 5 November 2012

(Day 108) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 13 D-143

sit-ups push-ups chairlifts
50 x 8 50 x 4 40 x 5

Breakfast coffee
strawberry milk
Lunch rice & radish kimchi
zucchini & onions
kimchi soup
sweet & sour pork
Dinnerrice & kimchi
corn salad
small, fried anchovies
spicy vegetable soup

Today, I was told my room smells and I must clean it. I had two questions: what does it smell like and what do I clean it with? I have no cleaning products, other than a bar of soap. I don't have a broom or dust pan or mop or bucket or even a rag. I have a towel that's as big as a dish or tea towel and if I use that, what will I use for my body? This brings me to my second question: the smell. Does it smell like shit or BO? If it smells like shit, stop serving me three different kinds of fermented rotting vegetables at every single fucking meal and add some fibre other than plain white rice, 3 times a day. Then my shit will be regular and not smell so bad. That will also change my body odour. Speaking of body odour, what about a change of clothes? I have been wearing the same pair of pants for 13 days now and there is no laundry or dryer. This means I have to wash them by hand, wait for them to dry and only wear underwear until that's finished. If I'm not wearing pants, the guards get really upset, especially at roll call. I've managed to wash my pants once. They should be fucking thankful. How about a goddamn shower more than once a week? What century is this? Since when do people in first world countries wash out of a bucket with cold water? So, a shower more than once a week or some deodorant, an alternate change of clothes and some cleaning supplies, like a broom, rag and some soap, and my room won't smell bad. Until then, fucking deal with it. I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment