Sunday 21 October 2012

(Day 93) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 80 C-3

sit-ups push-ups chairlifts
100, 200 75 x 2 5 x 40

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs
soy milk
bread
Lunch kimchi & rice
cucumber kimchi with lettuce
egg & tofu in hot water with kimchi
Dinnerkimchi & rice
radish
mushroom gruel

In an effort to push myself, I actually set myself back. Instead of sticking to a set number of sets and repetitions I've been pushing myself to do as many as I can until it hurts. Now, I find myself in so much pain I can't even do one. On the plus side, it seems to be an aggravation of an old injury which means it was easy to make it happen this time and less likely to happen next time, because I'm strengthening it, but right now-- damn hurts like a mofo. Compounded with the usual aches and pains in my neck and back and I feel my full 40 years this morning.

It's hard to believe in 72 hours I'll be going to court finally and finding out my face. I pray its good.

I found a box top of some chocolate bars with "the Avengers" on it and drew a picture using pointillism. Considering I have no pencil to pre-sketch (it's a lot like tattooing, I imagine), it turned out pretty fucking good. Of course, I'm just copying something so it's not the same as making it up which allows for mistakes, but still...

 pain medication kicked in-- works fine...

Who the fuck comes up with these menus? Korean food has to be one of the most unimaginative foods I've ever eaten. Not only have I had to deal with kimchi and rice at every single meal, except breakfast, for the last 80 days (that's 160 meals here, 199 total meals served), but some days even the side dish and the soup is kimchi, like today's lunch for example. For the last few days we've been served cucumber kimchi often. Today, to spice things up, they added lettuce to it and called it a salad. To make things worse, instead of the usual egg and tofu in hot water soup, they added kimchi to that too! Un-fucking-believable. Unless you've experienced it yourself, you have no idea how crazy this is. It's like having pizza, a salad with pepperoni and cheese and soup, also with pepperoni and cheese in hot water, at every single meal for three months. Just the food alone is enough for one to contemplate suicide. Dinner was even worse, but at least they tried to keep us from hanging ourselves by serving us a yogourt drink as a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment