Saturday 22 September 2012

(Day 64) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 51 C-32

sit-ups push-ups chairlifts
10 x 20 reps 5 x 20 reps 5 x 20 reps

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs
soy drink
caramel flavoured bread
Lunch rice
kimchi
bean sprouts in water
scrambled egg
Dinnerrice
kimchi
cucumber and onion kimchi
turnip, carrot & potato in hot water

Two of the Chinese detainees have been here for 8 months and you can tell. They act like the cell is their domain, and we are just guests. They are currently walking around the perimeter like caged lions. Caged they may be, but hardly lions. Apparently, one of them is here because he was caught drinking and driving, which seems to be a common offence if they're not fishermen (and ethnically Korean).

I don't think I'm going to last in this cell past the weekend. One of the Chinese dudes won't stop pacing around the room. He's literally been doing it for hours. The other Chinese dude yelled at me this morning because I didn't understand what he was telling me to do in Korean, and he has a habit of telling everyone what to do. I don't take orders. One of the other detainees, who was also up late playing poker after lights out, was loudly complaining and swearing because he couldn't sleep through the morning due to the other detainees watching a movie on TV. Looks like I'm not the only one who thinks these people are rude, selfish and inconsiderate little bastards...

With only one month to go, it's really for the best if I keep to myself, avoid eye contact and generally ignore those around me. Inevitably, people think I'm rude, but I don't care-- just counting down the days now that I have a date to count to.

No comments:

Post a Comment