Wednesday 12 December 2012

(Day 144) Seoul Nambu Correctional Facility-day 49 D-107

sit-upschair-lifts
1000
Breakfast, lunch & dinner = December 4


I like stationary. Going to a stationery store is like going to a toy store or candy store for me. There are pens and pencils, crayons and paint. Paper of all kinds, canvas, tape, glue, ribbons, I like it all. I actually have a backpack that I travel with that is specially designed to carry all my stationary. An entire bag that weighs as much as my much bigger bag that holds all my clothes. Due to the weight and size restrictions on airlines, I sacrifice clothes before I throw out stationery supplies. Now in jail, I've stocked myself with plenty of stuff to keep me amused. I already had sketchbooks and notebooks, and since I've been here, I've filled the notebooks and bought some more.

This week, I decided it was time to pre-emptively buy some blank paper to eventually replace my current sketchbook. My list of purchased items is all in Korean of course, so what some items actually are is a hit or miss. It may say "ballpoint pen" but it's actually a felt tip marker. So, I've purchased every instance of paper on the list now, only to discover I can't buy blank plain paper. I can get fancy paper with graphics and lines on it, paper with just lines or paper with lines in a notebook, but not plain blank paper. However, all is not lost. Kevin came through for me and brought me a small stack of paper, so it's all good.

 And I finally got my phone card, so I can call Z for Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment