Sunday 7 October 2012

(Day 79) Hwaseong Immigration Detention Center-day 66 C-17

sit-ups push-ups chairlifts
2 x 100 4 x 50 2 x 30

Breakfast 2 hard boiled eggs
custard filled bread
soy milk
Lunch kimchi
cucumber kimchi
fish cake and veggies in hot water
Dinnerkimchi
fried mandu
spicy chicken soup

In a bid to lose the last inch or two of fat from my belly, I decided to try to stop eating the rice portion of our meals. I don't really like rice much anyway, but I eat it so I won't starve. I figured if I didn't eat it, I might be hungry, but I won't starve if I eat everything else. So, in effect I've come to another first in my life. Quit smoking, drinking, start exercising and go on a diet! Health-wise, going to jail is the best thing that's ever happened to me. However, when I turned into a hardened criminal, it will be the worst thing for society because I'll live longer thanks to them. The fried mandu isn't going to help much with my diet, but it's still better than rice.

Uzbekistan always calls me "teacher" although I've never told him I was ever a teacher. I have told my profession (graphic designer) many times. His English isn't that good, but it's better than my Korean or Russian. He reads a Korean-English version of the Bible. I help him with the pronunciation sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment