Friday 23 March 2012

Booty call

The other night, I got a call at 2 am from a girl I've been "dating". She was at a bar and wanted me to come and meet her. Since, I have nothing better to do than be at the beck and call of the opposite sex, I obliged.

When I got to the bar, the girl was already drunk. No big deal, I'm often in the same situation, it was 2 am, after all. She introduced me to her friend, I bought a round of drinks. Of course, after the first round, I was expected to buy the second round, too. Girls got it easy, I wish people would offer to buy me drinks all night.

After we finished out drinks, the girl and I went home. Almost as soon as we walked in the door, she passed out on the couch. I knew she had been drinking, so it was really no big deal. I like this girl a lot, and I think she likes me (or she wouldn't be calling me at 2 am), so the actual lack of booty was no big deal-- been there, done that, and I'm pretty sure I'll go there and do it again... She slept, I watched TV and drank some wine. At about 6 am, she moved to the bed. I fed her, tucked her in and went back to watching TV (I'm a night owl-- I wake up at 4 pm and go to bed at 7 am). She asked me to wake her at 10, so I did. She got up, put on her clothes and bolted out the door, barely saying 'good-bye' as she went...

WTF?

I felt used and abused. Cheap, like a prostitute. I take care of the girl, I treat her like a gentleman - holding her hair out of her face as she makes an offering to the porcelain god, feeding her breakfast, taking her boots off before she falls into bed, and I get shafted in the wrong way.

I later learned (after I bitched about it) that she was expecting a delivery at home and needed to be there to pick it up. Hence the 10 am wake-up call. And in the end, she came over the next night and smoothed it over.

No comments:

Post a Comment