Wednesday 16 November 2011

Prologue Part IV

Nov 16, 2011
Today, I went to sleep at about 1 pm. I woke up at 6 pm. All the stuff I set aside to be donated or thrown out was gone when I awoke thanks to my housekeeper. I woke to a clean house, minus all the garbage and crap I had ripped through the night/day before. It was good.

Later I met up with an army buddy of mine who gave me a new pair of boots for my journey. Good quality, US-issue boots. He's got a bunch of other stuff I may find useful on my walkabout, like ponchos and blankets. I don't think I will be in a situation where I'll have to depend on survival skills to stay alive, but being in the Boy Scouts has hardwired me to "be prepared" and being prepared to survive under any conditions is a good thing to be. I'm going to go back on the weekend and see what else he's got.

No comments:

Post a Comment